Monday, October 10, 2005

Today I went to this ridicilous resturant the Oceanaire with my dad, my brother, his g/f, his g/f's mom, and a random co worker of dad's from Peru. The waiters all wore short white clothes and aprons. They also carried little scrapy things to clean off the table cloth. It was very odd. They even had valet parking. All the food was good, but the portions were the size of your head. I took mine home(they gave me a little shopping bag to take it home in) and will get two more meals out of my salmon with wild mushroom crepes. It was a good meal, although the coworker from Peru was shocked that parents pay for people's college. I understand she's an engineer, so of course you can get a good job doing that, but there's the vast rest of us who do not have the abilty. In the real world we are limited by our ability, our health, and our energy.

That's why we should have a safety net for all people, I think. Just because I am not a math whiz does not mean I need to be starving on the street. Just because Susie has depression doesn't mean she needs to be dying of a lack of medical care. We need to make provisions, because even though you may be really smart, there are only a certain number of good positions in the world. In the US now, you need a college degree to be pretty much anything. Not to mention, what's with our drop out rates? Man, we're really screwed in the future.

No comments: