Monday, October 10, 2005

It's time for more blogging about Jill from feministe. It is probably annoying to keep talking about her, but she listed one of my favorite charities Doctors Without Borders in a post about the earthquake in Pakistan. I love Doctors without Borders because medical care is so important for people around the world. People are dying for the lack of vaccines, mosquito nets, and basic nutrition that costs less than a dollar to get. So if they are able to get this care, it'd be wonderful. Also, I wonder if there's some way to have a medical care training corps in these developing nations. A low cost way to get basic medical ideas into the mainstream and also to train some of the residents to be doctors or midwives that know ways to help women. I'm an ignorant 1st worlder, so you shouldn't take my word on this, but I think it'd be more cost effective in the long run.

No comments: