Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Young people complaining about political correctness confuse me. Are they seriously pretending to remember a time in which non whites or women or gay people weren't allowed their free speech rights to say "Hey, why don't you stop being an asshole?". I think the whole position is a bit wussy. You can say offensive things if you want, it's just that noone will have any sympathy for your moronic ass. If you need sympathy to offend people, what sort of person are you?

Yea, you can still call people the n word, but don't be surprised when people look at you funny or beat you down. You still have the choice, others just can say, fuck you to you. I think maybe that's a better set up, but I am a young person, and not white, and plus, I'm really small. So I think hmmm, maybe I shouldn't be an asshole to this 6 foot tall person... But then again, I grew up in an environment where people were mostly of different race from me, so maybe I have learned to be less of a bastard in general.

Also, about this guy: what a moron. You can't take a symbol and pretend it means whatever you want. I can't wear a Swaztika and say "It stands for how much I like magazines." If you're working in that sort of job, not offending the people who are probably going to come to you probably is a good idea.

No comments: