Monday, October 06, 2003

It is eating me up inside that I didn't get that issue of The Sun today. I should be conducting market research and trying to score free magazines instead of goofing off. It was only four dollars too. I hope I will remember to get it tommorow. I bought the Believer instead and didn't want to spend $11 at one pop on magazines. Then again, if noone buys magazines for people with IQs above room temperture, how am I going to write for them? So I should support good magazines, you know or all the magazines we'll ever have will be shit, shit and more shit.

Also, why aren't there feminist magazines for teenagers? There are magazines for grown up women with the requisite naughty ads, and magazines for little girls, with lots of cute stories about girls around the world, but between 12 and 18, girls are tossed a bunch of crap about how they should be thinner and wear more makeup so guys will like them. Why? It's not like Bitch is selling in Cosmo numbers, but they still sell it, you know?

No comments: