Thursday, October 02, 2003

I'm secretly obsessed with food. My entire day is often planned around meal times- whether I have enough time for lunch, whether I can get something cheap for dinner. Even my career anxiety is based around a fear of eating ketchup soup for the rest of my life. When I talk about sex, I even use desert metaphors- 'you're not getting any pie" or "you can't have a cookie" It's pretty subtle; I hardly notice I am thinking about food all the time, but it pervades my entire life. In a way, that is extremely strange, but I'm sure everyone has that sort of craving. Whether it be for sex, money or power, there's something that drives you. Although it is probably a bit stranger to be rhapsodizing about mashed potatoes than it is to be about a really attractive girl...

No comments: