Monday, October 13, 2003

Today, I went into a black bookstore for the first time. Let me explain. In the suburbs, independent book stores are very rare, and bookstores catering to blacks are even rarer. So curiosity caused me to be able to give Afro books a chance. It was a basic bookstore, although a bit of clearer labeling of the sections would be nice. There was a very large sale as the bookstore had too many of the same books. I would have also liked a bit of a larger selection, but it's not like I come in all the time, and people have to cater to the people who actually come in and buy stuff.

I got Wounds of Passion by bell hooks, and Black, White, and Jewish by Rebecca Walker. Maybe I won't have time to read since it's mid terms time, but at least I know when I have time, I will be in for a treat, and if it's not so good, at least I only paid five dollars each.

No comments: