Saturday, July 15, 2006

Israel's actions have sparked fierce debate in blackfolk. Here is a really interesting part, written by accusehistory:

Yeah, because I spent the first 16 years of my life stateless, because my uncle lost his life, my gradfather jailed, my family made refugees, caught in the Lebanese civil war, unable to return to their homeland, robbed of their property, and denied their humanity and stuck in places beauracracy won't let them leave. Because everyone I know knows someone killed, jailed, tortured, and living in an on-earth hell. And then we have to deal with the media thinking we are insane for being angry. Maybe you can't relate and you're happy about that, it's called privilege. A lot of people, perhaps in this community, or in the larger United States, especially the Native population, can relate.

Read the whole thing though.

No comments: