Friday, April 04, 2003

Today I feel pretentious, so I'll remark on how each day never comes again. There will never be a day with exactly this feeling. Even if I oversleep my calculus' teachers office hours again, it will probably not be with the same reason-my alarm clock did not go off) or with the same threat of the test.

Even if I pop into the Women's Center trailer again, it won't be with the same sense of adventure, the same easy summoning up of the courage to ask about the massage therapy.

Even if NPR is on all day again, the news will never be the same, for each day is different. I'll never read Writing Down the Bones again in the dorm bathroom, dubbing 'doing your calculus' in for 'writing' as the author urges us to 'cut through and write'

I think my spell has passed. Oh well.

No comments: