Saturday, April 05, 2003

Time.com is very interesting today. It is good to see people covering dissent without kneejerking into 'well, they MUST be anti-American, or most ridiculously, 'they don't support the troops' (which is pretty damn stupid, if they didn't support the troops, they'd want the troops to die, not to come home safely and be with their families)

There is also an article on the difference in Arab and Us news coverage of the war. Hopefully this will open some people eyes, so they realize that there is always more than one side of the story. Realizing that different people can be correct at the same time may take some doing.

Two opposing views can be true at the same time. Saddam can be evil, at the same time, liberating people with bombs can be a silly idea. Personally, I can not march for peace today, because as usual I am worried about my calculus. I should just get up the courage to do it, but I feel so weak. I simply can't understand it at all

However, I would like to caution against thinking of people as all evil or all good. People who thought that way were the real perpetuators of 9/11. All us infidels needed to be destroyed, not seeing that the 'infidels' were good and evil and most in the middle. Good and evil doesn't see the complexities of life, how both good and evil can live in one person, without one winning over the other.

No comments: