Tuesday, April 08, 2003

Blogging is great. It allows everyone to attempt to get their voices heard, on a daily basis. Sure, many can't spell or write, but they can at least try to get their thoughts out there. For me, personally, I am aware that my writing is not good enough to be in magazines, to inform the masses, and in real life, my voice can not be heard over all the shouting of others.

On a completely different note, one of my pet peeves is someone who gripes when you 'whine' and then starts talking about themselves. It'd be alright to be mad at someone for whining if you never did it yourself, but if you're telling someone to shut up about how their grandma was run over by a trolley, and then ten minutes later, start to talk about how horrible your hangnail was, what was the point?

It seems more like you are saying I am more important than you, than anything about the content of that person's thoughts. That's ridiculous. Noone human being is more important than any other.

And I'll leave this with an old and busted fable spruced up in new clothes: Once a man gained the ability to see heaven and hell. In hell, he saw the usual fire and brimstone, but in one chamber, he noticed a pot. All around it were broken spoons and the bodies of the denizens of hell scattered liberally. Around him, all he could see was the flurry of bodies and all he could hear were groans of pain and assertions of superiority.

He didn't like it there, so he went up to heaven. The air was cool and clean and filled with quiet conversation. Among the clouds, there was a pot, same as there was in hell. However, there was peace, as the denizens of heaven all fed each other. The man asked about this, and was told " Who can be higher than his brother?" The man was enlightened, from that day on.

I guess that wasn't a very good story, but I just made it up in two seconds. Give me some slack.

No comments: