Saturday, October 16, 2004

I often see overlaps between gender and race oppression. Like when feminists(I am one, I mean other ones) are like "God! It's like we're not supposed to have any boundaries" in response to men thinking women's bodies are public property, to me it feels like how blacks are supposed to suffer all sorts of oppression and blame it on themselves. Not to mention the idea of earning white america's respect seems like the beauty trap. For women, you can never be beautiful enough. The models that are held up as the most beautiful women- they are starving themselves, being hacked up by plastic surgery, being photoshopped into oblivion. To earn their respect, we'd have to destroy ourselves, but still, it'd never be enough.

Or maybe it's because I feel the most horrifying thing in the world is well, I can't name it. But my mental image is sort of a shadow looming up behind you- and it's created by all the impressions that others have of you. It's not you- but in other's minds, it's replaced you. And you can't like go and tell them that's not you, because they can't hear you. Man, I missed my point, but to me, that's a really creepy fucking idea.

Or while I'm talking about creepy fucking ideas- something else creepy is the idea of I don't know- just totally having to conform to ever increasing social demands. It's pretty obvious what my greatest fear is- other people. Well, we all have different problems, and that will be folded into our world views. So it's best to put our biases on the table.

For example, one bias that informs my world view is "don't fuck with women or children" I really don't like republicans because they fucked with the women and children. I don't care whether they are high caste(white, rich) or low caste(black, poor)- you shouldn't fuck with any women or children. But it's best to keep that on the table.

No comments: