Friday, October 15, 2004

I have started to adopt a pro black attitude. I do not see any reason to accept white people's view of blacks as inferior. We can sit around thinking oh us poor black folk, oh how we aren't this or that, or we can fight our problems from a one up, instead of one down perspective. We have suffered due to racism, but that has nothing to do with our worth as a people. White people do stupid things all the time, but the whole of the white race is not called inferior due to that. I don't see white people saying woe is me, when their kids take meth or shoot up the school. The President took drugs, I hear, and no one is talking about how white people are inferior when our President can't even take John Kerry sneaking in a few barbs at his expense.

When people start saying you're this and that, the proper stance isn't "Oh, poor me, I'm so this and that" It's fuck you, I have my own agenda- and it's not yours. Some folks seem to think that white folks got a veto over what we do- like we have to go around bowing and scraping pretending that we don't want anything from anyone. Bullshit.

Black folk seem to think we gotta earn our shot at justice. What the fuck? You don't earn basic human respect, and what we do doesn't have anything to do with their attitudes. Yes, educate yourself, yes set up your own business, but don't think that is the key to ending racism, because it isn't. Black people have educated themselves and their families and have set up their own businesses since our ancestors were in Africa.

The thing is that racism is an axiom, not an observed thing. It's an article of faith. Bootstrapping sounds good to white folk, because they don't have to do anything, and they feel catered to, but the thing is that we don't want to cater to them. They are NOT children or imbeciles. (I mean whites over the age of about 18 or so) Sure, they may get a little mad, but they can handle it or will have to handle it at least.

No comments: