Thursday, September 01, 2005

Discover has special incentivies to donate to the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Also, this article is really heartbreaking. Read the sympathetic protrayal of the looters. Such a change from OMG, THEY STOLE STUFF, KILL THEM ALL!!! that some morons have been saying, as if you can leave thousands of people without food and water and expect them to be all quiet and happy.


FEMA puts up its disaster assistance plan., and Bitch PhD investigates the social underpinnings of the disaster, and gives us a good book recommend. More heart tearing stories about the misery. I feel really distracted, and have a hard time not looking at stories about it. I guess in some way I am covering up my worries(even though my cousin is fine) by obsessing over the disaster. I'm sad though because some of my favorite family memories happened in either New Orleans or Biloxi- my brother and his 'twin' walking down the streets sipping on Hurricanes, my step grand dad's aunt at the beach in Biloxi asking if her hat was on straight, my aunt sucking on crawdaddies, while grandma quietly bought us a pizza, the sun rising over the lake. There are even things I don't remember like me running around on Bourbon street yelling disgusting. Now I worry all I may have of New Orleans is a necklace I begged mom to buy when I was 7. She put it up for me, and I have it still.

No comments: