Monday, May 03, 2004

I was watching my boxset of Sailor Moon, and I was thinking about how Usagi really is an everywoman. I mean, maybe we may not fall down all the time or cry on the outside, but on the inside, everyone's just had one of those days when it's like 'why do I even live at all?" or maybe not. But it's more likely than not.

Also, nice rejection letters are nice. You can tell that they are nice when they praise an aspect of your writing,etc. Why am I not dejected? Well, there are thousands of writers competing for magazine space. Every magazine gets enough submissions to kill a horse, and most of those submissions tend to be discarded in five minutes. (This may sound crazy, but if your submission starts GoD iS Grat, hE MaDe NaTure... But We, the EloHim, PerfeCted it- how much more do you need to read before you pitch it?) So even a cursory reading is good, at my age. I feel spurred on!

No comments: