Thursday, June 14, 2007

I was reading this bit on the South and I'd like to correct anyone who doesn't think we have pointy headed leftists elites in the South. I personally am a pointy headed elite. I watch foreign movies and documentaries, read books without being asked, go to grad school, I don't really have a trust fund, but sometimes my mom gives me $50, so I guess that's the southern equivalent... Anyway, you can see little pockets of elitism in the cities. We had bona fide hippies at Emory, we even made cider using old bike parts and wood. Memphis has a decent movie theater and midtown. And all of you, think of your own cities. Even if they are in the South, is everyone a lost cause who goes mudding and pees off levees? Probably not. I have to admit I don't have much use for folks who pee off levees and wear the Confederate flag. The South's a big place though. The idea that we're[us southern liberal elites who are not saints] all supposed to vote based on what people say about the same people we make fun of is craziness.

No comments: