Saturday, January 07, 2006

On Pandagon, Amanda and friends make fun of Chris Muir because he sucks at comics. Well, today I've started to read Tricked by Alex Robinson. Robinson still has his old talent, and hasn't been struck by the sophmore curse. I especially like his continued creativity with the comic page- how he can break up one illustration into a whole page and still have it work as comics, well, I'm in awe. The story is still good down to earth fare, but stretching beyond his old mileu of comic artists and messed up new yorkers to embrace a lot of new interesting characters. Although I have to say Caprice in this book looks almost identical to Caprice in Box Office Poison, but maybe that's just me. I hope Robinson continues to work on novel length comics for a long long time.

No comments: