Friday, January 06, 2006

Black Group opposes Alito, but asshats say racist shit in comments. Nobody seems to like Alito. Even on my apolitical campus, there was tabling against him. Also, Florida vouchers struck down. I'm always suspicious of school voucher programs(full disclosure: my mom works at a charter school: please donate books.) I don't get the point- why don't they improve public schools rather than giving public funds to private schools? Also, can't private schools reject anyone they want? So if it ended up creating a two tier system with kids cherry picked from the public schools, and all the rest stuck in defunded public schools, I can see why people would have some practical problems with vouchers. It's not so much the idea that bothers me, but how they would implement it so it doesn't turn into a big mess.

No comments: