Thursday, November 17, 2005

My swim teacher wears these shoes. Today we practiced jumping off the diving board and swimming to either the wall or rope without any gear(we started off with fins and a floating board). She wanted me to go to the rope(I'm always picked on as I'm the worst person in the class) but I said I didn't have the strength. I have difficulity swimming both because I'm not strong enough and because I can't figure out how to breathe. I can now swim at least 15 yards on my front without stopping. I can swim up to 50 yards on my back without stopping now. Before I took the swim class, I could barely even get in the water because I have been frightened of water since I nearly drowned at a water park when I was 7.

Well, at least my top didn't flip over completely this time. The last time we practiced jumping off the wall my tankini top flipped completely up and I had to fix it underwater.

No comments: