Monday, April 19, 2004

I'm listening to Redemption Song and think I'm all philosophical because I listened to a Bob Marley song and took a movement improv class. So I was all like, yes, we should all trust our own voices, and be full of bravery. I mean, it's like movement improv class. Everyone learns to unleash their potential and create beautiful things by facing the thing they fear, whether it's people or looking stupid. They learn to trust their selves and have greater power. But then the moment passed, and I thought about how it's really easy to say trust yourself when you're not going to jump into a pool without any water you can see. So like all this BS, it's easy to say, and hard to do. Hard times seem easy when you say the words, but the real ones can make you lose your grip on life.

But I think that movement improvisation is great because it doesn't depend on achievement or buying things. Every day is a new day full of new discoveries, without a bar you can't reach. Even if we have hard time learning the contact improv stuff(I don't think I'll ever learn to support someone using just my feet) we know we're not going to get an F for sucking, so we feel braver and freer to create.

I'm not saying that there's no point in goals, achievement and constraints, but our whole world is made up of that, so it's good to relax.

No comments: