Tuesday, March 23, 2004

"We are not judges. We are not called upon to torture our fellows with thumbscrews and irons; we are not called to mount pulpits and lecture them on pale Sunday afternoons" - Neville, The Waves, p.196.

I especially like the part of this quotation which says that we are not called upon to torture our fellows with thumbscrews and irons. I like to cuss and yell and rant on this blog, but I am fully aware that thems who need it, won't read it, so I can say what I like. I do not understand the thought processes of others, tho. Do others feel guilty all by themselves, and just assume that everyone else needs help, or do they not feel any, and so think others need the help they need? Like if I get a bad grade on a test, I already feel bad about it, I've already said I was stupid, I've already worried about whether I worked hard enough, all this before I told someone else about it, so I don't need to go over those steps again.

No comments: