Wednesday, March 03, 2004

This woman is totally rocking my ass off. I like the idea of women going up and raising the cry and creating a new culture of body acceptance for themselves and others. While I know that media images have an effect, if we all stood up and said "No, that's not what we want!" maybe it would change. For example, let's talk about my favorite time period- the whole Civil Rights thing. They said NO to oppression and NO to brutality. Sure, there's still a lot of it around, but merely saying no, we won't go along with this (by saying I mean kinda a mix between saying and doing, but don't have the words) a bit of that tyranny is deleted. For example, I say no, I'm not paying fifty bucks every month to try to attain a beauty standard that doesn't inculde me. Maybe a few more people are given the courage to say no, and maybe it'll have a snowball effect. Or maybe not, I don't know.

No comments: