Thursday, March 04, 2004

Fun, it seems that some people who are simply unable to deal with the fact that America is changing in a mature and sensible way have started to bomb people. I dislike these tantrums. Yes, they are horrid and hurt innocent people, but what they really are are tantrums. They can't deal with change, they feel threatened and frightened and try to pin it on the other. Not the people who are the real reasons they are not successful- not the ones who cut taxes for the schools or outsourced the jobs or broke federal law so they could hire labor a little cheaper. You never see them protesting them, all they can do is hurt some people for no reason. This isn't going to make their lives any better. This isn't going to make anything good happen for them.

We're all hung on the same tree. While they are trying to stick it to the black man for whatever reason, they are the ones being hurt by the real culprits. My basic meaning is that they are being complicit in any oppression(too strong a word. Maybe I mean minor nuisances, but does that really match with complict? Then again maybe I should do counter point) they may encounter. They never question the underlying problems, just surface stuff like worrying about people who don't look like them. I mean, rethinking the assumption that this is a zero sum game and that two people can't be happy at the same time would revolutionize their world way more than any violence could. Too bad they haven't thought about it.

I should try to be less judgmental, but I feel like fuck it. If they didn't want to be judged they'd not send bombs to people's offices. I don't like Bush, but I'm able to not be a freaking terrorist. Someone could have died, and for what? Because some asshats can't stop peeing in their knickers enough to read a book? Like screw that! This isnt the Third World- we can find peaceful solutions.

For example, the gays getting married now are starting a revolution, and they aren't doing it with guns and bombs. I'm not saying that guns and bombs don't have a place in this world- I'm saying that they are the last resort, when you are actually threatened. Not in a "Oh no, it's all the black people's fault I didn't get into Harvard" kinda way, but in a 'this guy's gonna rape my behind and then kill me" kinda way

No comments: