Saturday, March 27, 2004

I was reading this, and this guy is right- blame and responsibility are often confused. People say 'responsibility' when they mean blame. Blame is a very negative thing- it's pretty much a punishment and a way to justify selfish behavior. If it's all your fault, well, I don't have any responsibility to help you. If it's all your fault, well, you simply deserve to be belittled. But responsibility is something different- it's not just "well, I felt like saying you were bad so I didn't have to help anyone", it's like how the mom has a responsibility to take care of the baby. It's not a big stamp that others put on her, it comes from her, organically.

In other news, I think that instead of signing a web petition that noone cares about, they should write letters to the FCC and have them delivered by mail. But noone listens to me.

No comments: