Thursday, November 06, 2003

Here's an essay about unrealistic optimism. I agree, although I tend to have the delusions of nomalacy sometimes ( I am over optimistic that I can conquer my difficulties at math by doing enough problems.), I realize that that's not a good thing a priori, and I shouldn't try to make people have such delusions and call them names if they don't. I also(possibly delusionally) believe I am more realistic than most people. A note: I have a tendency to get sad, and despondent. It's not as bad as true depression, which numbs folks out, making them incapable of enjoying life for weeks or months, mine only lasts for about an hour or a few hours. However, I find it's better for me to just let this pass, than berate myself for feeling like that or try to pretend that I don't feel bad. Usually something in the actual world has made me feel like that, and usually if I don't deal with a problem it festers. I need to fix the problem to feel better.

No comments: