Friday, June 26, 2009

A bunch of important stuff is apparently happening, but since I spend all my time being a nerd, I have no idea what is going on.

But I do understand that I like the book Health Food Junkies. My favorite bits are the parts where he breaks through his woo googles and starts looking at evidence. He realizes that if people's colons were REALLY caked with goo, that would show up on colonoscopies, and that if a treatment only works for three percent of people, but you get a thousands of people to try it, you'll end up with many testimonials, even though the treatment might not be very effective. He also describes his wacky diet days ruining dinner parties with his obsession with avocados, etc, and stories of people who have gone overboard on their quest for a healthy diet.

No comments: