Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Stupid defense of impractical game costumes gives me a reason to talk about my favorite subject. Basically, how women's (and men's) sexualities are assumed to revolve around F cups in bikinis. If we don't want every single female character in teh super hardcore games to be an F cup in a bikini, we hate sexuality! Seriously, there's a lot more to sexuality than scantly clad chicks who fit beauty standards. They can be included, but they aren't the be all and end all of sexuality. Although this makes me think, do we really need sexuality in video games? I'm not saying there shouldn't be any ever, but for the most part, sexuality is irrelevant or even a distraction to the game. When I play Civilization 4, I don't just slog through the game, hoping for a glimpse of the female historical leaders' breasts. When I played Soul Caliber back in the day, I wasn't thinking "wow, this game is so great- just look at them titties". Really, focus on the game play and how things work, and focus less on titays, and your game should be a success.

This comment sums it all up. Shoehorning 'sexiness' into everything whether it makes any sense or not is just craziness.

No comments: