Friday, May 30, 2003

Today I walked for an entire hour. It seemed like the entire neighborhood was out, fishing or just sitting in the sun. I just walked past the teen boys talking about fort construction, their fishing poles forgotten, and the little kids who were displaying their fishing prowess to their father. I was nearly ran over by a young mom, pushing a three wheeled baby buggy in front of her, while her children asked her about clouds. Summer�s always the easiest time to walk- people are out in the sun, flowers are blooming, it is freaking hot� but when winter comes, most people prefer the treadmills inside, which is a bit of a problem for the terminally clumsy and un-athletic who fear going to the gym. Yes, they exist, everyone. I know, I�m one of them. To me, nothing is more frightening than going someplace where they don�t appreciate a little healthy variation. It�s like being in the 50s, and being a black commie at the same time. (and yes, the analogy doesn�t match up perfectly.)

No comments: