Saturday, May 31, 2003

Today I bought Life of the Party, and worried about ankle injury. I was going to get Berlin as well, but I was short on cash, so decided to get what would be hardest to get if Fantagraphics went out of buisness, although I really wish I could have gotten Dori Stories, too. Through the anthology Twisted Sisters, I really got to know some female cartoonists work that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to see. While men write very compelling stories, I'm always interested in what the girls are doing, a tendancy that probably dates back to my old Archie obsession. Archie was ok, and Jughead was funny, but my favorites were always Betty and Veronica, best friends forever, and worst enemies for a lifetime. I also in those prepubscent days loved how Betty and Veronica were drawn- it was sexy before I knew what sexy was, and those fashions didn't hurt at all.

No comments: