Thursday, February 06, 2003

Now for lovely lovely links! Woman to ambulance operators: Help, I'm dying! 113(Norweigan version of 911) operator : "Stop whining, kids are dying in Africa" Not seriously, but you have to wonder about this sort of ccallousness. While I don't condone it, I can understand why people are callous towards the depressed-our society doesn't really foster an understanding of how things can affect different people differently or even that not all problems can be solved with a big smile and a little elbow grease. However, being callous over a woman calling for medical help, that's a whole different matter.

In lighter matters, plus size fashion show featuring famous daughters of Steven Tyler and Ozzy Osbourne! It's nice to see fashion targeting pretty much most of the older women in our society. While college girls like me may be walking around now saying "Oh no, I'll never be a size 18!" by the time real life catches up with us, we're not going to be thinking about different types of complex carbohydrates, are we? Although, a size 54? I can't imagine someone who was that size, which I guess shows my total lack of imagination. Sorry.

No comments: